Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

This post goes with the helmet in the post above. I took the liner off the CL/C 1942 to view the back. It's a 1945 liner. I feel a bit like an idiot...it was extremely easy to take off and put back on. Guess I should have looked at the construction of the thing before I automatically had doubts, haha.

Any comments on whether I assessed the helmet correctly (in the post above this one) is appreciated.

-Robyn

What was special about the large “3” Rubery Owen one on EBay.....split-pin strap lugs....???

£203....

?

Nice home front, but can't see where it is worth that amount.

picked this very nice white warden local to me yesterday on a day off. no visible shell markings and the mki liner is a 1938 dated vero. W has been overpainted on one side
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice......presumably a white W on black underneath? I wonder if it was a personal promotion?

Lightbulb

One of my most treasured HF MkIIs belonged to R L Henson who was the Sub-Controller for Bermondsey, London. I saw this document on Ebay, signed by the great and the good of Bermondsey......EXCEPT ol' Henny!!!! Aaaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!

'bloody snobs! :-)....but I bought it anyway and I'll Sharpie "W Baker" onto a new strap and say it was a promotion

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

I just picked up this Canadian Mk.II helmet. The lady I purchased it from claims it was her father’s, and that he served overseas with the Canadian army during WW2. The liner and shell are both dated 1942, and the shell is stamped CL/C. I can’t see a batch number, and don’t want to take the helmet apart. Does this helmet look original and correct? The paint isn’t as glossy as I would expect, so I’m wondering if it might have had a depot repaint. I’m hoping this is an unmessed-with example.

?

Bought this helmet earlier this year, it was fairly inexpensive so I was pleasantly surprised to find the gas cape folded up as it had appeared to have been cut down, being a hot day when I got the helmet it unrolled nice and easily with very little effort. The chinstrap has had one of the sprung sections removed in order to shorten it.
    Just thought I would share it here and ask if anyone might have an idea as to the marking on the front? I assume that if indeed Navy then it is not shipboard related having a gas cape, more land based? Unfortunately there is no history with the helmet.
    As can be seen the cape is 1940, the helmet 1939 with a 1939 Vero liner.
    Thanks.
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

There are quite a few D/day pictures of navy personnel with these covers on. I expect to keep water spray off, what a lovely find.

?

Thank you for your reply, I shall have to search more period photos for covers being used.
    Thanks

Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast