Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Here my wardens helmet.

Size 7 Mk2 liner made by BMB in 1940

Shell made by I can’t really tell tbh. Definitely BC I think I can see . 1940 as well

Almost all the paint on the rim is gone and the remaining black paint around the shell is somewhat patchy. But fortunately the hand painted W is fine. This helmet must of spent a long time in a shed as the liner pad had some mould that I removed with methylated spirit.

A nice helmet!

Thumbs up

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    This helmet must of spent a long time in a shed.....
    I like your helmet and the patina. It looks just like one a friend found - in a garden shed - when we were about 9 years old. The group of us sneered because it 'wasn't an Army one' .

Ouch - just smacked myself on the forehead ; surprisingly painful !

Ahhhh...now those 20 mil rounds dont look so sexy do they?....you've joined "the dark side" at last young one.......none of those other members will talk to you now you've joined "Hausfrontalkopfprotektionstahlhat" crew.....

Wecome!!!! mwah hah hah ha ha ha!!!!!!

?

I bought this true barn find helmet back in January for £10, I was not expecting much as you can see from the original photo it looked quite rough. As expected it was quite poor with green flaking paint, what was a surprise were the brown splodges which appeared when I wiped years of dirt from it.
    Has anyone seen a similar wartime splodge paint scheme on a Mk2 helmet? I did find a Mk3 advertised with a similar pattern. It appears wartime vintage to me and hopefully not 1960's airfix paint, I have seen similar colours used on other helmets but not this splodge pattern.
    The liner is 1941 dated, the chinstrap lugs are 1938.
    Thanks.
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

You cant grumble at that for a tenner!

Default CPC Mk.II helmet

Found this Mk.II helmet today. Not in the best condition, and could certainly use a good cleaning after decades in a barn, but I understand Canadian helmets with Corps de Protection Civile markings don’t surface very often:

Last edited by Hallibag; 08-24-2021 at 04:09 AM.

?

Thought I would share two MK2 helmets I got from odyssey this year

The first one is a good condition 1939 dated police mk2 helmet. Shell is made by BMB in 1939 and the size 7 liner is made by J.C.S & W Ltd also dated 1939. Has the MK1 liner with MK3 lugs with what I imagine is a MK2 chinstrap

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

The second one is a immediate post war refurbished “ Lancashire country fire brigade “ helmet with symbol plus red band denoting leading fireman. The original shell is more than likely of 1939 or 1938 manufacturing as by the presence of mk2 lugs. The size 7 Mk 1 liner is made by HELMETS LTD in 1939. It seems the post war black paint is thick enough I can’t make out any shell stamps nor can I find any previous decals underneath. There is someone’s service number being A/5908

Quote by Hallibag View Post
    Found this Mk.II helmet today. Not in the best condition, and could certainly use a good cleaning after decades in a barn, but I understand Canadian helmets with Corps de Protection Civile markings don’t surface very often:
    I wonder what the story is of a Civil Defence helmet arriving this far away from Canada. Perhaps they had a presence in UK during the war like the USCG did (based at Poole in Dorset prior to Op Overlord)? Anyone know about that?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast