Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Hi Watchdog,

It’s a Canadian civil defence helmet, from Quebec I’ve learned, that was found here in Canada.

This shell has seen better days, but the raw edge and apple green paint visible under khaki paint and sand finish has me wondering if it might be an early Type A or B Brodie helmet. It is stamped with an H over S and the number 49, and the word (name?) “TRENT”. My knowledge of Great War helmets is limited, so I would love to know what the group thinks!

Tmr
    ?

Default Mk 1 HSRAC ww2 dated 1944 helmet

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Australian MK2

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Default G.S.W. 1942 AP Mk I Brodie AFS Toronto

Back in the '70s, there used to be an army surplus store in the town where I grew up in southern Ontario. They had a huge pack barn full of gear they'd bought from the Canadian government's Crown Assets Disposal Corporation - military clothing, old radar units, parts from helicopters - all kinds of neat stuff.

We bought this helmet back then and it's been in the family collecting dust ever since. When I started searching for information on this particular helmet, the only place I found any useful info was on this website, so here it is ...

Last edited by C Jay; 07-26-2023 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Added manufacturer to title

MAP
    ?

Nice helmet. Hopefully our British / Homefront helmet experts will see this.

Not an area I know much about but appears to be some type of Homefront/Civil Defense helmet most probably for some Fire Service. I did find a thread on a similar helmet but unfortunately the photos were lost.

AFS Toronto helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Not having any attachment to this relic, I was wondering what's the best way to get it into the hands of someone who would appreciate it (and at a fair price).

There's a collectors for sale section at the bottom end of the Forum.

?

Will do Anderson, thanks!

?

The helmet in post #865 is now listed in the classifieds:
    G.S.W. 1942 AP Mk I Brodie AFS Toronto - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Sept 23/23 update - helmet sold - thanks for all the views!
    Last edited by C Jay; 09-24-2023 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Update

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast