Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII with post war textured brown paint

Article about: I took a chance and picked this one up recently (along with a MKI) from ebay as a buy it now. MKII shell dated 1940 with MKI liner by JCS&W, MKIII lugs and a MKIII chinstrap. It has a br

Default MKII with post war textured brown paint

I took a chance and picked this one up recently (along with a MKI) from ebay as a buy it now.

MKII shell dated 1940 with MKI liner by JCS&W, MKIII lugs and a MKIII chinstrap.
    It has a brown textured overpaint, I believe this was done post war and signs that it had a decal/flash under the brown paint.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII with post war textured brown paint   MKII with post war textured brown paint  

MKII with post war textured brown paint   MKII with post war textured brown paint  

MKII with post war textured brown paint   MKII with post war textured brown paint  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

does anyone know when and why this type of overpaint was done? From what I understand [post war but you would think by then the brits were using turtles. Was it for the reactivated 1950's home guard for which insignia was issued? or for foreign supply?
    Last edited by Jerry B; 06-16-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

The Mk2 was used into the early 50's, so could have been over painted anytime from 1945- 53. Or even later, shame they did tho, with that decal.

thanks for commenting.

an interesting helmet with its own history, probably saw wartime service and then again post war.
    Regards,

Jerry