Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry

Article about: As I see not many French (and Belgian) helmets here, I will support those who like them by posting another one of mine. This is a rusty horizont blue (first colour, same as the uniform) M15

Default My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry

As I see not many French (and Belgian) helmets here, I will support those who like them by posting another one of mine. This is a rusty horizont blue (first colour, same as the uniform) M15 infantry adrian with the tongues of the liner in one piece. The tissue between the undulated metal and the leather liner had all sources including old uniforms, that's why this tissue has a blue colour in many helmets, but it could be any colour. Comparing to the German helmets they did not give much protection, but the variety of insignes makes them a piece of art.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry   My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry  

My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry   My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry  

My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry   My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry  

Very nice casque! I am intrigued by the triangular marking on the side?

My French M15 blue horizont adrian infantry

Hello,

Nice early modele indeed.
    As you say the cloath between the undulated metal and the leather liner was often horizon blue du to the reuse of old uniformes. Earlier ones had the red (from pant) dark bleu (coat), black (as yours) or civilian closth (but more rarey)

Thanks for the sharing

Bruno

You have the eyes of an eagle, black cat..I did not even noticed it...Time to investigate...