Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Whilst I continue to question the usefulness of this Helmet-dominated thread (which doesn't even have the "H" word in the title!...yes, yes...I know it's a sub-category) but it looks like the usual suspects are in production again.....and they're selling......

Oh well, 'can't say we didn't try.........

Quote by Composite View Post
    Whilst I continue to question the usefulness of this Helmet-dominated thread (which doesn't even have the "H" word in the title!...yes, yes...I know it's a sub-category) but it looks like the usual suspects are in production again.....and they're selling......

Oh well, 'can't say we didn't try.........
    what ones are thay on ebay.i like to have a look.

Two of the other forums I belong to are currently running threads about items from these creative people. Though it seems that there are still plenty of buyers who are not members of any of these forums, or think they know better, or don't care if they're coffee table discussion piece is fake...
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-02-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...same ol' same ol' then.....perhaps they join here but can't find the thread?....I never know whether to post somat new onto an existing thread (personally I prefer that as ONE thread covers ONE topic) or post everything as a brand new topic each (which actually seems to be the preferred route for most folk) ...either way...I suspect you're right JB...they ain't here...and they don't care......oh well.

...there's other causes to fight......

maybe a mod could change the thread title to the FAKE HELMET EBAY MONEY MAKER or something similar.

Pointing out that this is happening on a large scale is a start.

The old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't stop him buying bogus lids springs to mind.
    Regards,

Jerry

"A fool and his money..........."

I just been looking at them all this is big time.all the BS that is being sold.it is so bad.it just puts people off getting into collecting ww2 items.you buy one thing for big $$ thinking it's good and then you find out its bad what a let down big time.

'Absolutely agree with you...but as Jerry suggested, you can lead a horse to water, give it drinking lessons, feed it salt, hold it's head under water......and in the end you shoot the damn horse and walk away......

But then again......that's kinda surrendering innit?

Can run the country?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Another from out favorite ebay helmet scam artist goldie 67.

This time a fine pith helmet with cloth formation patch for the 7th armoured, both of which appear to be original items.

However this version of the desert Jerboa was not introduced until the 7th return to the UK in advance of D Day.

WW2 NAMED NORTH AFRICA 8TH ARMY 7TH ARMOURED PITH HAT WITH INSIGNIA..RARE | eBay
    I notice if you click on the link on these old listings, the sellers name/id has been changed to an inactive account
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast