MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by toot View Post
    after all at last check it is still the USA? with free enterprise.
    I must be looking out of the wrong window

Free enterprise? I've heard of that in a rumour that other countries had it too

I haven't seen this particular advert but I have noticed a big difference between a sales heading that says "REPRODUCTION", film prop etc on the first line and one that says "repro" in tiny lettering somewhere at the bottom.

It's legal but is it fair? I think that is the point.

You don't sell repros do you?

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-22-2020 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

calm down and cool your jets. it is just a forum site. no one here is hurt.

Quote by toot View Post
    calm down and cool your jets. it is just a forum site. no one here is hurt.
    No rancour on my part old son

Just picking up on apparent "spikyness" even if "It is just a forum site" (guess that means you can say what you like ?). So glad you are able to speak for everone here
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

SMP
    ?

Two peoples separated by a common language !

Sadly I fear folk here ARE hurt but they find this info too late. This is one of the most outspoken straight talking places here. A lot of folk don’t have the inclination to speak out ...particularly if they’ve been “done”.....one rarely sees such openness and honesty on forums....mostly people “don’t like to say” or fall back on “doing their home work”. For what it’s worth......

There's a paragraph in our book about folk guessing what lettering applied to "Tommy" lids means....and then it becomes law....the next guy who comes along repeats the "meaning" (myth!) and then it drifts into law as "the guy I got it from KNEW"....."he was an old guy"....or, the best one of all..."the DEALER told me....". One can always rely on folk at Fairs or online to come up with some brilliant letter/meaning combos....the best are probably around our old friend the grey painted lids...which are of course definitely Air Force (or Navy) because...errrr....they're grey....and that opens up a whole new Lexicon of letters/words "T" for telephone becomes Torpedo, "A" for Ambulance becomes Anti-aircraft...I'd love to be a fly on the wall as these guys stand around trying desperately trying to think up words that begin with "E", or "K" or "F" etc once they cracked (they haven't) the other 2......there must be some hilarious outcomes....in addition to the ones which make it through to the finals....

Just having a browse on flea-bay, and I came across a little beauty..

A small FF Resistance wood "WW2 Death Coffin", by "Vongold"..

Given to collaborators by the resistance to warn them they were being watched..

Made of real oak

Yours for £50.00

Thats awesome!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  
    "Per Ardua"

?

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Just having a browse on flea-bay, and I came across a little beauty..

A small FF Resistance wood "WW2 Death Coffin", by "Vongold"..

Given to collaborators by the resistance to warn them they were being watched..

Made of real oak

Yours for £50.00
    Attachment 1463479

?

what is the meaning of it? what was the use of it? never seen one and don't have a clue, other than it is a COFFIN!

Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast