Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by SMP View Post
    For you Adrian
    Well, Ade should know the SP on this one for sure.

It doesn't look at all like steel to me and I don't believe that logo was used on steel helmets. It does look similar to the logo used on the GPO Telegraph Messenger "duty" armlet. Did they wear such as this inside exchange buildings?

This one is out of my comfort zone but I don't like it especially given the source

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I couldn’t possibly comment having not handled the object..undertaken in-depth analysis...cross-ref’d to archive records....looked at Company records of the Post Office.......but, in the meantime I won’t be bidding.

re Mk2s...is it me, or are there a whole new load of fakers....or have they just changed their names and locations?.....but as the ancient Greek Philosopher Socrates once said...."sh!t helmets are still sh!t helmets who ever paints them" (that's not a literal translation...I may have one or two of the words wrong......)

Quote by Composite View Post
    re Mk2s...is it me, or are there a whole new load of fakers....or have they just changed their names and locations?.....but as the ancient Greek Philosopher Socrates once said...."sh!t helmets are still sh!t helmets who ever paints them" (that's not a literal translation...I may have one or two of the words wrong......)

I think they are not fakers, just life size model makers

but of course it is still garbage whoever does it as you say. Remember, "you can't polish a t**d but you can sprinkle glitter on it". It seems that some people just like glitter, or is the other way round

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Composite View Post
    I think there are a handful of sellers who are churning them out with the odd exception that has already been bought and being sold on again. If you look at the listings they quite often have a lowish feedback of 100+ and often there are certain clues such as backgrounds of the pictures, the other items they sell (they’ll always be some dodgy piece of shrapnel attached to a block of wood with a plaque written with wonky letters proclaiming it to be from the Bismarck or some such), the “style” in the way the item has been described and feedback replies. They are also appearing in greater numbers in auction houses, certainly East Bristol auctions have had their fair share!
    As always, a fool and his money is soon parted, it’s just a shame they never bid on the things I sell.

Having any kind of Hobby these days seems to just be tarnished with someone always thinking of a way of robbing somebody blind.imagine years from now when collections get inherited there's certainly gonna be some wet eyes when their told half this stuff is fake or altered.and i too struggle to sell anything unless i'm giving it away.I have too agree there certainly seems to be a huge amount of homefront mk2 hovering on ebay.!!!

SMP
    ?

new ones for Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

The new  ebay money maker  

SMP
    ?

another
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

?

I thought he did a good job on that one, but still needs to up his game looking at the RE, and Police.

78 pages of 10 posts per page......and they still keep coming........I guess the only folk reading this lot are the folk who KNOW........derrrrrrr!!!!

Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast