MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet

Article about: This came into work this week. Came direct from the Veteran's daughter who is now in her 80's. It was her Dad's who ran the PDAS. She is going to find some photos of him and the ambulances t

Default Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet

This came into work this week. Came direct from the Veteran's daughter who is now in her 80's. It was her Dad's who ran the PDAS. She is going to find some photos of him and the ambulances they operated.

She says it had ended up in the dustbin more than once but each time got rescued! It was played with by her children then ended up in the shed.

I have not pulled it around to look for markings. I like how the decal sits over the painted green letter "S".

It will be going in my next sale in March 2022 @bamfords.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet   Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet  

Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet   Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The addition of a helmet net would seem very unusual for a civilian service.

Very nice example!

lovely helmet, I assume the net was added post war when the kids played with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

No idea when the net was put in place. But I will ask the lady.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The lady has now sent me photos of her Dad and the Ambulances they used.

His name was Fred Stansfield.

She says the net has always been on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet   Peak District Ambulance Service Helmet