Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Possible British tanker helmet

Article about: Hello guys, I'm very interested in your opinion about this British model tanker helmet. I'm aware of the Belgian flag on one side of the helmet and the Belgian postwar liner. It looks like t

Default Possible British tanker helmet

Hello guys,

I'm very interested in your opinion about this British model tanker helmet. I'm aware of the Belgian flag on one side of the helmet and the Belgian postwar liner. It looks like there is another 'flash/decal' underneath, with green and red colours.
    Maybe a postwar Belgian reissue?
    Thanks in advance for your reply!

?

I know the rim on the Belgium helmet is wider than the ww2 British equivalent, British is 5mm wide.
    The rim join is normally welded on British ones, apart from that they look pretty much the same.

Perhaps worth noting that the Belgian-made helmet is distinctly less common that the UK original HSRAC. Unfortunate that this one isn't in good condition.

Also, even though I can't confirm it at the moment because I appear to have misplaced my Belgian helmet, I think the liner bolthole is set slightly further back than the UK equivalent.

(The Belgian version of the MkIII is *very* uncommon and the Belgian DR helmet almost as hard to find. The para helmet can be found but many have been ruined by re-enactors converting them to UK HSAT. Same sort of thing has happened with many of the Belgian MkIII.)