Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?

Article about: G'day, I'm looking at buying a british armoured crewman's helmet (liner apparently dated 1952) and it has an insignia on the side that looks like it's been hand painted; unfortunately it was

Default is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?

G'day,
    I'm looking at buying a british armoured crewman's helmet (liner apparently dated 1952) and it has an insignia on the side that looks like it's been hand painted; unfortunately it was painted over at some point post war, presumably when the 'R' was painted on.

But the reason i'm here is that it almost looks like the 7th armoured division's insignia but i'm not sure so i thought i'd come here to ask. I've also a attached a screenshot of the insignia that i put through a photo editor to make it a bit clearer hopefully (last photo) also any information about age of helmet would be great

Cheers,
    Max

is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia on a helmet?

I know no one answered the first time you asked,but a second thread?

Can't tell, can't comment
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

some guy in the insignia thread recommended posting it here
    i can take it down if its a pain
    also I wanna figure it out because i don't want to drop a fairly large amount of money on this helmet and have it come back to bite me in the ass

?

The helmet is a Mk2 HSRAC, so if used it would have been post war. As these Mk2's came out in early 45, probably just to late to get to the front line.
    An R was often for rescue, in civil the defence.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I know no one answered the first time you asked,but a second thread?

Can't tell, can't comment
    I agree, don't know what it looks like in hand but it's just not possible to tell from these pics. I guess you are thinking of the Jerboa or "Red Rat" insignia and I can see some red but no white or black and I feel the apparent size of whatever it is seems a bit too large. The other thing that strikes me is that although there is not a complete picture of the chin strap it seems to be extremely long?

If no better pics / info are available I would only pay the going rate for a plain unmarked HSRAC

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

He's asking 430 AUD (including postage) for the helmet, thoughts on that?

That's about £230 which sounds way over the top to me.

Pogchamp, thanks man

Quote by Roger M View Post
    That's about £230 which sounds way over the top to me.
    I agree, thats far too much. I wouldn't even haggle if the ask is that far off.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."