Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

repainted Mk.lll helmet?

Article about: I just had a BMB 1943 mk3 helmet come in today. Its been repainted to the textured dark brown of the later models and underneath where it was scratched away to show the makers marks and near

Default repainted Mk.lll helmet?

I just had a BMB 1943 mk3 helmet come in today. Its been repainted to the textured dark brown of the later models and underneath where it was scratched away to show the makers marks and near the rim where it has chipped away I can see what I believe is the original khaki green of the early models. I've been looking into it slightly and found someone saying that in they had some journals or some such notes saying some helmets were sent back for repainting. Has anyone heard of this happening, could this be a postwar modification or is this another case of someone repainting a helmet?
    repainted Mk.lll helmet?repainted Mk.lll helmet?repainted Mk.lll helmet?repainted Mk.lll helmet?repainted Mk.lll helmet?

?

Being 43 dated, there is a very good chance that the original paint was khaki green.
    Most likely post war repainted.