MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Strange OCD helmet stamp

Article about: Hello there, As I was doing a bit of research on an OCD helmet I found in the back of an antiques store a little while back I noticed that the heat stamp was different to any of the ones I c

Default Strange OCD helmet stamp

Hello there,

As I was doing a bit of research on an OCD helmet I found in the back of an antiques store a little while back I noticed that the heat stamp was different to any of the ones I could find online. Rather than the common US GOV'T PROPERTY with the small Mccord stamp underneath it just has a larger Mccord stamp in the middle of the brim with no sign of a government property stamp anywhere else. Does anyone know the reason for this? Did the stamp change at some point or was this sold to a different country or something? The shell has no markings except for some very faded writing with a black marker that the previous owner/s put on there.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated
    Apache8

here's an image of the heat stamp on mine (top) compared to a standard one off eBay (bottom)

Strange OCD helmet stamp
    Strange OCD helmet stamp

Could you show pictures of the whole helmet inside and out please. Your helmet may not have been a helmet made for contract for the OCD but members will probably need more picture to determine what you have there.

Here you go

Strange OCD helmet stamp
    Strange OCD helmet stamp
    Strange OCD helmet stamp
    Strange OCD helmet stamp

if there are any more specific pictures you would like just ask.