Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico

Article about: Hola Amigos Today i want to share two Mexican Adrian Helmets with you. As with all MX Army- Adrians, they have no liner. I have had several Mx_ adrians in my hands, an NONE had ever a liner.

Default Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico

Hola Amigos

Today i want to share two Mexican Adrian Helmets with you.

As with all MX Army- Adrians, they have no liner. I have had several Mx_ adrians in my hands, an NONE had ever a liner, they seem to be sistematically removed when those helmets where phased out.

Somwhere here on WRF someone commented that liners where removed after an anthrax- outbrake, but that might be gossip, as i have never read or heard something similar before.
    One of the Helmets keeps the chinstrap, which is rather rare too..

Its interesting to see both keeping the original colour, one is olivegreen which is frequent , the otherone is gray which is something i had never seen before..
    Both keep their original Badges (which usually are also removed). The grey is badged to to a "Sappeur"-company, while the green one displays a " Caballery"- badge

A very nice detail is that the green one has its "FRANCK" - makers stamp on the inside, which marks this helmet clearly as French made.

Some say that there are also Mexican made Adrians, but those two are surely not. I have had several Mexican Army Adrian with NO ribbets ( for the un -iniciated: the ribbets are those "dots" who fix the inner liner hooks on the 4 sides of the helmets.
    I keep those two in my collection, as they are the best preserved that i encounterd.
    Maybe the Adrians with no ribbons are the MX- made? No idea on my side.

But to many words... LADIES AND GENTLEMAN... MEET THE MEXICAN ADRIAN HELMET:

Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from MexicoTwo Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico
    Last edited by danhashman; 12-04-2016 at 02:24 AM.

here some examples of the Mexican Adrians in use..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico   Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico  

Attached Images Attached Images Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico 

MAP
    ?

Very nice and interesting helmets. Not something I have ever seen before. Thanks for showing!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice and interesting helmets. Not something I have ever seen before. Thanks for showing!
    Same here, these lids are something I have never seen either and I love them! Thanks for showing them. Leon.

No liners?? Did they wear a soft cap underneath or something similar?

Como estas Dan. When did the Mexican army use these?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    No liners?? Did they wear a soft cap underneath or something similar?

Well, the Soldiers used them WITH liners, but i guess that when the helmets were withdrawn from active duty, the liners were removed. I have seen quite an amount of Adrians, but no one ever with liner. That indicates strongly that they were sistematically removed at some point.
    Wery few keep the chinstrap, i guess it was removed with the liner
    Most of them have also the Badge removed, so to find them "badges" is a strike of luck

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Como estas Dan. When did the Mexican army use these?
    Muy bien, muchas gracias
    They were used from 1935 until the late 1950. They where replaced by the US-M1 Helmets. And the M1 where replaced in the 1990´s by the actual PASGAT helmet that is used with a propietary Mexican Army designed green or desert digital cover.

Opposed to the two Mexican Army Adrians WITH RIBBETS that i showed before, here is a green camo Mexican Adrian, but WITHOUT external ribbets.

Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico

I had that hemet some years ago, but reallyhated that weird green / black camo, i thougt that it was some kid´s work. I removed half of it, but still left a part as whitness to the helmet´s history.

Now, before the BIG bashing starts:
    Nowadays i wouldn´t do that again, and just leave it as it was, by then i was young and foolish.
    Now i am old & foolish.

There are also some of them that have a really grotesque red/black camo. Who used it, and for what, only Odin knows...

See here the red / black camo Mexican Army Adrian.
    Seems to be issued with no badge, as there is no badge- mark to be seen.
    As usual, no liner present.
    Who used it and for what shall be an eternal enigma, i guess. Pattern is identical to the previously shown green camo, only that this weirdo is red. Can´t imagine the envirement in which that camo works... Maybe drill / training?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico   Two Mexican Adrian Helmets M26 from Mexico  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast