Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

us marine ???? cananyone help

Article about: any value

any value

Good for air raids or artillery shell bursts....... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Too much artificial damage to the shell, try to look vintage, so pity that it doesn't worth few dollars at all, may be you can salvage the chinstrap (Commonwealth), and the cross headrest, and the screw and washer.

There should be a maker stamp, and year on somewhere on the inner rim.

Regards,
    Taka
    Last edited by SHINDENKAI; 03-25-2014 at 03:53 AM.

?

I know the US Navy used this style of helmet through the war. They were worn on ship board during combat. My question would be since the originals had the felt and leather in them. Would they not be very very prone to rotting out very fast when at sea? So would they have or did they change the design of the interior to the Brit style to be more long lasting while at sea?
    Just some thoughts to check into or ponder. As being former Navy I know we had similar gear as the army but things would be changed for sea duty.

?

Quote by popeye View Post
    I know the US Navy used this style of helmet through the war. They were worn on ship board during combat. My question would be since the originals had the felt and leather in them. Would they not be very very prone to rotting out very fast when at sea? So would they have or did they change the design of the interior to the Brit style to be more long lasting while at sea?
    Just some thoughts to check into or ponder. As being former Navy I know we had similar gear as the army but things would be changed for sea duty.
    The Navy used the regular model 1917 A1 refurb.
    It usually had to do with the age of the ship as to the style helmet used. I am pretty sure the 17 A1s were phased out by late war.

?

Oh yeah I agree they were mostly gone by late war. Just tossing out some thoughts to see if more info on it could come out here. Always good for future finds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2