Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A very odd Adrian

Article about: (sorry for this odd closeup, wanted to get an image of the top vent for everyone, its a single hole like on an M15 rather than the several hole vent design on the M26) Above is an Adrian I p

Italian m16 helmet. The French badge has never been used on this helmet because is an entire Italian production. Holes for a badge are possible because specially after 1st WW these helmets has been used often in parades with the (aluminum or brass) badge of the unit. But never French badge. In my opinion a beautiful helmet

MAP
    ?

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    This is a reissued Italian lipmann helmet or M.16 helmet used by the Spanish with the typical liner and extra rivets on the side. The French badge is not original to this helmet.
    Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Italian m16 helmet. The French badge has never been used on this helmet because is an entire Italian production. Holes for a badge are possible because specially after 1st WW these helmets has been used often in parades with the (aluminum or brass) badge of the unit. But never French badge. In my opinion a beautiful helmet
    I was not aware that Italian made M16's had rivets for the liner. Were there variants that did?

I'm no pro on these so just trying to understand.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Reissued helmets have sometimes added rivets, but the 'as original' m16 helmet has no rivets. There is an aluminum parade m16 helmet made in the years 20, that has rivets to support liner (a cloth liner) and chinstrap. Then there is a variety of reissued helmets used from Spanish Army during Civil War, or helmets reissued by the Austrian Army (KuK) during the 1st WW, or many helmets reissued for Italian Air Raid Protection (UNPA) during 2nd WW period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2