Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Warden Helmet A21 Named

Article about: While tiding up the living room, I refound this Warden helmet, which had disappeared on top of a book shelf, I did post it here when I first purchased it on ebay. I noticed today for the fir

Default Warden Helmet A21 Named

While tiding up the living room, I refound this Warden helmet, which had disappeared on top of a book shelf, I did post it here when I first purchased it on ebay. I noticed today for the first time that the helmet had been over painted but not the front and rear W's (which are a different fonts) and above one of them under the paint A21. I consulted the Home Front bible and there on page 108 are a couple of helmets from the same family. Mine has been signed, I guess at the end of the war with the following names and posts, unfortunately not all are readable.
    Nellie Wilson B3
    Margaret Hope Murray I26
    George ------- I24
    Dept Hd - Purnell (I think) D GroupWarden Helmet A21 NamedWarden Helmet A21 NamedWarden Helmet A21 NamedWarden Helmet A21 NamedWarden Helmet A21 NamedWarden Helmet A21 Named
    Herbert Lane F15

?

Better check down the back of the sofa, might find a head warden or fire guard.
    Nice refind.

?

Nice piece of history.
    Hope the mine it’s sitting on is deactivated (-:

The mine is safe, it does make a great garden feature.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Warden Helmet A21 Named  

tell me Gary...what "bible" would that be which proved so helpful?...I think others would like to know...