Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

We're us m17 shells used for the mk1* upgrade.

Article about: Just a quick question I'm fully aware loads of British Mk1's we're retro fitted in 1938 with new liners/chinstrap/Loops etc,for the MK1* but did we have a stock pile of US made M17 shells?on

Default We're us m17 shells used for the mk1* upgrade.

Just a quick question I'm fully aware loads of British Mk1's we're retro fitted in 1938 with new liners/chinstrap/Loops etc,for the MK1* but did we have a stock pile of US made M17 shells?only curious as there's one on ebay and the seller is saying it's super rare,i've only seen British shells used in the upgrade so a first for me but hopefully somebody here can clarify this.thanks in advance Jake.

?

I've not come across a Mk1*, from a US shell, yet.
    The chin strap lugs and the rivets are types used on British home front private purchase.

?

This one from many years ago, US shell, Brit liner, the strap is a British adjusta strap, often seen on civilian protective helmets. So will fit different lugs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture We're us m17 shells used for the mk1* upgrade.   We're us m17 shells used for the mk1* upgrade.  

So that's what's being sold not an Army issued mk1* with ZC M17 maker shell but a private purchase Helmet,either the seller knows this or is convinced of what they are selling as a genuine Army British Helmet.thanks Aaron as always your knowledge on these Helmets is top class.regards Jake.

SMP
    ?

M17 shells were certainly used for Canadian MKI*s as seen here:

Mk1*

?

The textured paint looks US, not sure about the green though.
    So is it a Mk1*, Brit home front, Canadian Mk?, or a made up item?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture We're us m17 shells used for the mk1* upgrade.   We're us m17 shells used for the mk1* upgrade.