Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

white washed zuckerman

Article about: just to share this white fireguard helmet ,im not to sure what the single black band denotes but i imagine some form of authority over the standard issue ,my other zuckermans are vauxhall mo

on the shelf ,done and dusted white washed zuckerman

just a small but interesting development ,as i was handling the helmet i noticed inside was a white issue label ,how i missed it the first time round i dont know,im now wondering if i can trace the owner in someway or at least find out who it was issued too white washed zuckerman

A good bonus there James, and a cracking lid. I also saw a senior officer version of one of these recently but did not buy it, though the price seemed OK.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

it sure was jerry the first issue label in my whole collection so you can imagine my excitement when i spotted itin 2015 i should definately go to specsavers

?

Nice label, not much down Albion Rd apart from houses, but one church & what looks like a church hall. That might have been the ARP offices.

thats interesting to hear Aaron ,i take it your familiar with this area

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thats interesting to hear Aaron ,i take it your familiar with this area
    No, just Google Street view, but obviously things might have changed.

Nice label James, adds that bit "extra" to the helmets story. Leon.

thanks leon ,there are a few members here from kent so im hoping to learn more about the location of the offices there is referance to st james's hall on albion road ,ill have to dig deeper

As I'm only a stones throw away from that address!!!! I'll add my 2 cents worth!!! opposite the old church (now developed into flats by the way)...is the site for the Royal Navy's "T.S. Brilliant" which I would imagine would be an ideal candidate for wartime use as ARP offices!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast