Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?

Article about: Any info on this helmet would be greatly appreciated! I think that the white but is the asbestos and will most likely be flaking if it’s over 100 years old. Just seems a shame to pass up a

Default Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?

Any info on this helmet would be greatly appreciated! I think that the white but is the asbestos and will most likely be flaking if it’s over 100 years old.

Just seems a shame to pass up a very nice condition helmet because of it but I don’t really want to take the risk if it really is asbestos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?   Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?  

Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?   Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?  

Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?   Would love to buy this ww1 American Brodie but I am concerned about the asbestos pad. Is it a fact that it uses asbestos or a debate?  

SMP
    ?

American M17s are fairly common, and can often be found in near mint condition. I suggest you look for one without damage to the felt pad if you have concerns about the asbestos paint underneath. M17s are only half the value of equivalent British made helmets.