Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

Article about: Thought it might be a good idea if we had a thread where for reference, one could look up, or remind oneself of WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet badges. If you could add only WW2 ARMY bad

Default New HiRes image for Lovet Scout decal

I have attached a HiRes image of the decal for your interest. I have a number of national WW2 era helmets I have used for a series of paintings which were done over a number of years and is now reaching completion. So I am now looking to sell them, I have some idea of the market value by looking to see how much they sell for on Ebay. However, this British one is different from the Ebay norm, which is why I enquired about the valuation, but I understand your reasoning that this is a primarily a forum. However, I am pleased with the info I have received.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

ok , it's well dark blue and white so, Lovat'scout regiment.

Ben

I may be being a bit slow here....so this lid is now for sale?

Not quite for sale yet, but should be soon when I have completed the painting series and I can get a valuation for this helmet.

Question

Hello KiloOneSeven,
    I recently bought a Canadian helmet with the same regimental flash.Yellow,Green,Red.
    I can't find more information.
    Have you already found more information?
    Thanks.

Hi Freddie270 I’d be very interested in the Scouts helmet when you get round to selling it.

I have since found out after some research that the owner of this Lovet Scout British helmet was a Captain Richard Evelyn Fleming, brother of Ian '007' Fleming. He commanded the Lovat Scouts Section brought to Kent to train the XII Corps Observation Unit men. After his attachment to Auxiliary Units, he returned to the Faroes, where he commanded B Squadron of the Lovat Scouts. He was described as a fitness fanatic by his men, taking them on long route marches. He won a Military Cross while attached to the Seaforth Highlanders in 1944. This puts an interesting provenance on this historical helmet.

SMP
    ?

Wonderful news. A keeper

Beacuse this helmet has turned out to be a rare and interesting artifact, a dutch collector has offered £1000 for this helmet.

SMP
    ?

Quote by Freddie270 View Post
    Beacuse this helmet has turned out to be a rare and interesting artifact, a dutch collector has offered £1000 for this helmet.
    I think it is worth much more

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast