Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Royal Navy Mk2 Helmet

Article about: I bought what i think is a Royal Navy helmet, im not to good with telling if paint is original and i cant find much info on it, the helmet is Marked JSS 1940, thanks for any help guys!

Default WW2 British Royal Navy Mk2 Helmet

I bought what i think is a Royal Navy helmet, im not to good with telling if paint is original and i cant find much info on it, the helmet is Marked JSS 1940, thanks for any help guys!
    WW2 British Royal Navy Mk2 Helmet

?

You would need some provenance to say it was navy, as it could easily have been used by someone who worked in a factory, on the home front.

So there is no way of proving it is a Navy Helmet then?

?

All helmets issued to the military, army, navy, RAF,would have been textured khaki green, early war anyway.
    The navy over painted their helmets on ship with whatever the ship was painted, dark grey, med grey, light grey, white, black, multi colours. They used textured and smooth painted helmets, as long as they were grade 1, Mk2. No1 made of manganese steel.
    Your helmet could easily have been used by a factory worker, or any business you care to mention,or just Mr Smith round the corner on the home front, impossible to say really.

Aaron is right...and sadly 90% of the so-called RAF / Navy Helmets listed for sale aren’t....they’re sold as such because they’re Air Force blue/grey or Navy grey......they’re Home Front.....but that doesn’t get higher prices or come with exciting action-packed stories. Had I seen this for sale I’d’ve assumed it was a Home Fronter........ I hope I’m wrong

Hope you're wrong, but still i appreciate the feedback

- - ------- - -

Well that *****, guess i'll never really know