Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII MKII Wardens helmet from Mandatory Palestine

Article about: I picked this up recently, a Wardens helmet from British controlled Palestine. The British established ARP structure at the outbreak of war, mainly for administration centers like Jerusalem

?

Default WWII MKII Wardens helmet from Mandatory Palestine

I picked this up recently, a Wardens helmet from British controlled Palestine. The British established ARP structure at the outbreak of war, mainly for administration centers like Jerusalem and Haifa.

The helmet doesn’t have any visible stamps and the liner is a 1940 Jaeger Rand. The colour is a dark blue grey, no idea if that was standard, it’s painted over the factory khaki but not hand painted.

Obviously, it could be from anywhere, but on the back of the helmet is painted in Hebrew ‘Haga’ the acronym for ARP. Although Haga was established during WWII by the Jewish Agency along the lines of ARP for their own communities, this was probably painted after WWII and likely during the War of Independence, after that Warden helmets has a Hebrew letter in place of the W.

The W has been painted over at the same time the Haga was applied, the original W is a cream colour the same as the rectangle on the side.

The chin strap has been repaired at some point, the helmet was probably used up until the late 50s.

Photo from 1942 of a Warden in Palestine, the beige overall was issued uniform.

Steve.

Great helmet and informative history with it, a quality post, thanks
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ditto. Where is the 1942 photo from please?

?

Thanks for the comments, I was please when I received it because the W wasn't shown in the seller photos.

The photo is an image capture form auction site a couple of years ago.

Steve.