Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

506th P.I.R. Overseas Cap Question

Article about: Hello everyone! Like 10 years ago i received a Garrison Cap from the grandma of my best mate when we were cleaning her house because she was moving to a nursing home. I have never paid much

Post 506th P.I.R. Overseas Cap Question

Hello everyone!

Like 10 years ago i received a Garrison Cap from the grandma of my best mate when we were cleaning her house because she was moving to a nursing home.
    I have never paid much attention to it until recently i became very interested about collecting WW2 artifacts.
    My dad and i are WW2 geeks and love everything about the 101st airborne division, especially Easy Company 506th (No not because of the movie, but because they liberated Eindhoven, where i live )

Sadly there are no markings in the cap and the stitching has my interest (I just saw another one on a insignia post that had the same stitching)
    Can you guys tell me something about it if it's real?

I truely believe it's real because the grandmother said that her husband received it from a soldier during the liberation of Eindhoven.

Edit: The green blur is from using a greenscreen, sorry bout that. It has a blue pipe which indicated Infantry.

Thanks in advance!

Niek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 506th P.I.R. Overseas Cap Question   506th P.I.R. Overseas Cap Question  

Niek,

This is a very nice enlisted garrison cap with some stunning cross stitch sewing. Some of the paratroopers took great pride in their accomplishments and they made sure that when they sewed their insignia on their uniforms it was done with great attention..

I would have no issues adding this cap to my collection..

Well done

Smitty

Niek,

Normally frequent Soviet section. Just came across your posting by accident. I agree with Rakkasan187. I have no problems with the cap. Beautiful cross stitching. Hard to recreate these days. It's not unusual to come across stitching like this on WW2 uniforms. You'll see shoulder patches attached to uniforms with this style of stitching as well as other patterns of cross stitching.

Some paratroopers and pilot's always considered themselves just a little better than the average foot soldier. And at times, they reflected that belief in their uniforms. Just a little bit better and a little more panache. Neat cap. A definite keeper.

Gerry C.

From the Dry High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Hello Smitty and Gerry,

Thank you so much for your validation of my artifact!
    It is definitly my favored piece in my collection and it will stay here for as long as i will be around :P

Thanks!

Very special piece of your local history. A pity there are no marks inside.