Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

Article about: Hello, is there anyone who could help me with info about Australian production of Service Caps for lowerranking servicemen of the Dutch Eastindies Army during ww2 under McArthur present in A

?

Default Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

Hello,

is there anyone who could help me with info about Australian production of Service Caps
    for lowerranking servicemen of the Dutch Eastindies Army during ww2 under McArthur present
    in Australia ?
    According to slightly different shades on pictures in colour it could be possible there could have
    been more than one production or companies involved!
    Thanks in advance

See the pictures:

The First one comes from a Dutch site "HetDepot"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia   Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia  

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia  
    Attached Images Attached Images Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia 

Where's Rene?, he might know something about these.

No I don't know anything about these, but I can say that Aust manufacturers did receive vastly varying shades of wool materials from suppliers. Also M.T.X (Melbourne Textiles) were the main govt. manufacturer of peaked caps.

?

I know of production by Johnson Brothers in Sydney but this was only for officers and highranking NCO's
    (above Sergeant-Major) and was of other design. I will place some pictures after the weekend !

the cap at the start has similarities to a Dutch made cap I own from the post war period, in particular the slot in the sweat diamond for the name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia   Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry,

yes that is a known one for cadets of the socalled "Kweekschool voor de Zeevaart" (to become a captain of one of the famous Dutch oceanliners). It has got nothing to do with the military. I will place some of these service caps on this forum.
    But the one I described before and made for Netherlands Eastindies officers is situated beneath in pictures, so have a look:

(you see interchanceable a Summer and Winter cap to attach)

You can read the text "made for NEI officers"
    In this way Dutch officers appeared walking through the streets of Melbourne during ww2, together with a jacket made by Woodrop in Collingwood (with Dutch lioncrown buttons) and all other stuff Australianmade.
    In the same design Johnson Brot. also made caps for the American Army officer.

?

Sorry I made a mistake...... Woodrop must be Wardrop

Off topic, funny you mention Wardrop as I have a US service jacket made by them! they must have specialized in making foreign uniforms.

?

Here the same Australian made Service cap

General Spoor after war during so called "Police Actions" -period in which the Netherlands Indies Dutch
    wanted to bring back Indonesian nationalist on the table for negotiations

?

O yes you are wright!

A same label for the American style jacket (blouse)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast