Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

Article about: Hello, is there anyone who could help me with info about Australian production of Service Caps for lowerranking servicemen of the Dutch Eastindies Army during ww2 under McArthur present in A

Quote by Polly View Post
    An other Service Cap for members of ML-KNIL integrated within RAAF:

Attachment 1281367

this time lower ranking personal
    This is a beautiful hat

?

Question: Who might be able to help me with tracing the producer of the Service Cap for lowerranking personal of the Netherlands-Eastindies Army during ww2 stationated in Australia ?
    Serious collectors in Australia (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne) please give it a try !
    Thanks in advance,

Polly

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

If its not makers marked or tagged inside, it would be near impossible

?

Eventually someone does recognise the specific shape of this model Service cap?
    Someone have seen it from other collections before?
    Thanks wizardman, but maybe....
    Around 1942/43 produced in small quantities (less than 500?), so perhaps small maker ?
    Probably soldiers were allowed to buy this by their own (regulation was the standard sidecap belonging to the uniform)
    Maybe more than one production row ?
    Who can mention such makers near to the Allied military camps (around Brisbane, Melbourne)
    I will be glad for receiving every hint in the right direction and do further investigation by myself
    Australian collector of Service caps, do you recognise this model and knows more about it, please contact me !

Mate there were hundreds of manufacturers, it would be impossible to tell from shape, clothing manufacturers after 1941 were given a number in lew of a name. I have studied Australian Clothing for 47 years.Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

The town i live in, that has a population of around 200, so a very very small place in the bush had Dutch Pilots here during ww2 for a time, due to its close proximity to a large Catalina base. This is an article on one of the Pilots. All their headwear would have had to be Private Purchase imo due to the small numbers. No Cookies | The Advertiser

?

Thanks wizardman !

The article about meneer Hans de Vries is wellknown to me.
    He was originally a MLD (Marine Luchtvaart Dienst) member and came to the RAAF (18th Squadron)
    The Service cap he wears comes from the grandson of a member Hans de Vries flew with during his active years
    I think the name of the plane was "PULK".
    The Military Flying School was situated in Jackson Airport USA and from there the Dutch bombercrews came welltrained
    "back home" to Australia

?

Wizardman,

about the private purchase I think so either because this was already common rule in the NEI prior to ww2

?

Other views of the ML-KNIL/RAAF Service Cap lower ranking personal:

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

?

Sorry I forgot to mention his shirt:

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast