Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Black and Red Visor Cap?

Article about: Hello everyone I was thinking of purchasing this moth eaten cap and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the origins of this. I don't know what type or era. I am guessing British

?

Default Black and Red Visor Cap?

Hello everyone
    I was thinking of purchasing this moth eaten cap and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the origins of this.
    I don't know what type or era. I am guessing British cap but I could be wrong. There doesn't seem to be any markings or insignia left except for the side buttons wich I can't see due to photo quality. Please keep in mind that these are just the bad quality photos the seller has provided.
    Any ideas, suggestions, and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Daniel

Black and Red Visor Cap?
    Black and Red Visor Cap?
    Black and Red Visor Cap?

?

It definitely seems like a british hat. Does anyone know what type of insignia (if any) would have been attached to the front? Or know about what era?
    Any replies are welcome.

Thanks
    Daniel

?

It's actually dark blue, not black & is a cap for a "Royal" Regiment or corps, given the scarlet band.
    Hard to see any detail on the side buttons, but they might be general service; if so, there are numerous cap badges you could mount.
    Given the condition & lack of a badge, I wouldn't pay more than $20. You can find many similiar caps on Ebay UK.
    See if the seller can provide a better photo of the side buttons, or at least a detailed description.

BobS

?

Daniel,
    On second thought, I would forget the cap in question unless it was given to you; the value is very low.
    There is a very nice Royal Arillery cap on Ebay UK, for a buy it now of 15 pounds, plus 15 pounds shipping, or roughly $41-42.
    It is item 383378508928. Looks to be in almost new condition.
    IMHO, that is a much better choice.

BobS

?

Thanks for the information. It looked black to me at first but now I see the blue especially in the second photo. I will pass this one on and find a better one or buy the one that you mentioned. I really appreciate the help

Thanks again
    Daniel