Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

British & Commonwealth sun helmets

Article about: And the other odd Foreign service helmet, the Mediterranean Pattern, complete with theater prop department stamps. A lot about this seems correct, but not sure, it was however very cheap and

?

Looks to be, not sure what the other parts is or why it would be marked with the division & RAC, unless the helmets were unit issued rather just to individual soldiers.

?

Maybe a bulk lot were sent to the 7Div RAC Q Store who then added their own identification.

Oz.

Default 2nd Infantry Division Sun Helmet

Just thought I would add this one that I picked recently. A bit grubby but not in bad condition overall. It is dated 1940 but has no broad arrow, although it does bear the flash of the 2nd Infantry Division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I am on other forums with similar interest in mainly Scottish militaria. This is an old thread however I thought I'd share my WWII period Highland Light Infantry Officer's Sun Helmet, maybe give some life to this old thread so more examples may be shown in the future. Named to "A Gollan" and has a beautiful Mackenzie tartan flash to one side with a white plume standing out. Currently my favorite sun helmet in my collection. Overall good condition.

Attachment 1068072Attachment 1068073Attachment 1068074Attachment 1068075Attachment 1068076

A recent addition of mine, a WWII period sun helmet to the Seaforth Highlanders. The helmet is attributed to then Second Lieutenant Alexander Harper McKillop. McKillop was born in 1913 and served in the ranks of the London Scottish as some point before 1941. In 1941 he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Seaforth Highlanders (emergency commission), and served throughout the war as a Second Lieutenant in the Seaforths. Post-War he was a Lieutenant in 1950, a Captain in 1952, a Major in 1963, and he retired in 1964.

The sun helmet itself is in great condition, and has on it a MacKenzie plaid tartan patch. No chinstrap but good condition liner. Overall nice sun helmet to the Seaforth Highlanders.

Attachment 1073899Attachment 1073900Attachment 1073901Attachment 1073902Attachment 1073903Attachment 1073904

I have not bought a sun helmet for a while but saw this one today close to me whilst out antiquing and the price was too good to ignore.

Interestingly it is dated 1940 with a Q WD mark and a silver foil lined dome and I did not think the foil was introduced so early.

Condition is not too bad, chinstrap is broken but most have them missing so no problem and it is a bit dirty with some white paint spots.

Nicely maker marked with the paper label for Helmets Limited.

It also has the owners army number in it which is in the block for Royal Artillery.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Commonwealth sun helmets   British & Commonwealth sun helmets  

British & Commonwealth sun helmets  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

great war/interwars wolesely with green diamond flash for Worcestershire regiment

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3