Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can I get your thought's on this B-2 flight cap?

Article about: So ran across this and made a lowball offer (\\$125)on a BIN at \\$149.99 and he took it, So one way or another I got one of these coming. Can I get your thought's. Seller gave me this story abo

?

Well Gent's,

I'm not sure if all this USPS business thats going on put a fire under somebodies Arse, But my cap that was supposed to be here this coming Tuesday showed up in Saturday's mail.

I was also watching the Grandkids Saturday, so I really couldn't take a great detailed look on this cap.

On USMF I was shown what a US Navy version of this cap looks like and the only difference is that the AAF used a sewn in Tag and the USN used to stamp the underside of the bill and sewed a cloth covering over the seams of the inner shearling stiching. Well when I got mine I gave it a quick look and found this.

Here is mine.
    I think it is a US Navy version.

Here are examples of the Navy stamp that were shown to me.
    1st

2nd

Its not the clearest stamp, But it is in the location of the other examples that where shared.

There are remains of a black colored tag still in the rear seam. I'm going to take a closer look at this today, I'm currently at work, so this will take place this afternoon/Tomorrow..

I will continue my Hunt for a USAAF Type B-2 but this will make for a nice addition to my collection. The leather is soft and flexable.

I have always wanted one of these. I'm a happy camper with this one, but will be very pleased when I add a nice AAF Tagged B-2.

It still looks great!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hey he scored it from a mate in the USN! or USN stock got diverted to the USAAF.

I admire your zeal for authenticity Phil. A USN version perhaps, but authentic WW2 is still a big plus.

Sargent Carter says " YES"!!!!!!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can I get your thought's on this B-2 flight cap?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

It does fit the look and this was a learning experience for me on USMF.
    I don't see any of these, other than the one's for sale labeled as B-2. There is not much covered in reference books or the WWW on these.

I found a couple threads on the Web about list of Manufacturer , but that was only the AAF type and nothing about the Navy. It just happens a collector over there(USMF) had switched interest from AAF to Navy and helped with the ID of mine.

It's a cool cap and I'll just have to add a AAF B-2 to the collection to make it right.
    It is WW2 and a story could be added to the original RAF pilot , But for now it will sit on Phil's head.

I have a lot of Phil pic's wearing a B-2 and will have to wait to do that TaDa post!!!!!
    I was kind of looking forward to that!!
    In Time, In Time!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

- - ------- - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Sargent Carter says " YES"!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love that show and I would love to own that one!
    But Yes he was in my head when I put it on to see How it looks!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2