Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Foot Guards Officer's dress visor caps

Article about: Finally acquired a Coldstream Guards officer's dress forage cap, to complete a collection for all five of H.M. Foot Guards Regiments. All are post 1953, I believe, with the exception of the

?

Default Foot Guards Officer's dress visor caps

Finally acquired a Coldstream Guards officer's dress forage cap, to complete a collection for all five of H.M. Foot Guards Regiments.
    All are post 1953, I believe, with the exception of the Irish Guards cap, which may well be WWII era.
    The Coldstream cap is named to Bartellot, which has to be Lt.Col. Sir Brian Bartellot, Bt., former CO of the 1st Battalion. His father was CO of the 6th Guards Brigade in WWII, and was KIA in Normandy in 1944. Sir Brian's grandfather as served in the Coldstream Guards.Foot Guards Officer's dress visor capsFoot Guards Officer's dress visor caps

?

Foot Guards Officer's dress visor capsFoot Guards Officer's dress visor capsFoot Guards Officer's dress visor capsCaps for all five Foot Guards Regiments:

?

Foot Guards Officer's dress visor capsGrenadier Guards:

?

Coldstream Guards:Foot Guards Officer's dress visor caps

?

Foot Guards Officer's dress visor capsScots Guards:

?

Foot Guards Officer's dress visor capsIrish Guards:

?

Foot Guards Officer's dress visor capsWelsh Guards:

Great forage caps Bob, great to see them. I am reading an account of the GAD during WWII written by a member of the WG, an excellent read.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Great forage caps Bob, great to see them. I am reading an account of the GAD during WWII written by a member of the WG, an excellent read.
    Thanks for the kind words. The 6th Guards Tank Brigade was originally part of the Guards Armoured Div., but was removed and operated as a seperate brigade, using Cromwell Tanks. I have a history of the brigade,mainly because I have a medal group to a member of the 4th Battn., Grenadier Guards, part of this brigade.

BobS

This is the book I am reading, a no holds barred account of his wartime experiences. He did some of the illustrations for Welsh Guards at war published early post war.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunkirk-Rhin...ywords=murrell
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast