Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

Unable to reply to posts on this thread, I retire in confusion.

?

Default BRITISH CAVALRY and YEOMANRY VISOR CAPS

For whatever reason, I decided to assemble all of my cavalry & yeomanry caps together, although after I was done, I missed two caps! They are officer service dress caps for the 17th/21st Lancers and the Dorset Yeomanry.
    Please forgive my less than optimal photography abilities.

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Quote by leigh kitchen View Post
    Unable to reply to posts on this thread, I retire in confusion.
    It seems to work?

- - ------- - -

Quote by BobS View Post
    For whatever reason, I decided to assemble all of my cavalry & yeomanry caps together, although after I was done, I missed two caps! They are officer service dress caps for the 17th/21st Lancers and the Dorset Yeomanry.

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!
    A very fine collection Bob
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by BobS View Post

I would love to see some detail shots of your 11th hussars forage cap Bob as I have recently added one to my collection but have yet to take nay pics
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Here you go, Jerry.
    A typical post war Herbert Johnson made cap. Thankfully, the only moth nip is under the rear overhang.
    I have to say I really like that crimson color for "The Cherrypickers."Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

thank you Bob, very nice indeed.

It is almost identical to the example I purchased, though mine does not have the sticky brown crown lining, instead it has a clear "plastic" sheet.

Same as yours except mine is hatters to the king and I think yours is hatters to the late king george VI?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice one, Jerry. I can't really read the label, do to the carmelization, which leads me to believe my cap was made a bit earlier than yours.
    I'm thinking early 1950's, whereas yours may be from the early 1960's.
    The 11th of course amalgamated with the 10th Hussars in 1969 & my understanding is that as of 1962, all cavalry officer dress visor caps had the bullion edge to the peak, regardless of rank.
    Getting really hard to find these unamalgamated cavalry regiment visor caps. I'm on the lookout for Yeomanry officer caps, and they are even harder to find.

BobS

I don't think so Bob, yours is hatter to the late king george VI, mine is hatter to HM the king so has to be George VI when he was still alive.
    Regards,

Jerry

Bob, your is on 4 lines which is the late the king version, mine is three and is clearly hatters to the king
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Regards,

Jerry

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast