Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

North Irish Brigade pipers cap badge

Article about: Here is another of the less common British cap badges. Less common because the North Irish Brigade existed only from 1948 - 68 and the regiments within it only wore the Brigade cap badge (vi

Default North Irish Brigade pipers cap badge

Here is another of the less common British cap badges.

Less common because the North Irish Brigade existed only from 1948 - 68 and the regiments within it only wore the Brigade cap badge (vice their own original badges) for about 12 years from circa 1958 but also, as this is a pipers badge it is almost twice the size of the standard badge (8x3 cm versus 5x3cm).

This one is in very good condition with no damage at all. It is a heavy plated metal badge depicting the Angel Harp (as opposed the Harp of Erin as per Guiness!) surmounted by the post'53 Queens (or Imperial) Crown supported by a scroll "North Irish Brigade",

It is maker marked to JR Gaunt London.

As with the standard badge it was worn in the Rifle Green Caubeen.

Regards

Mark
    North Irish Brigade pipers cap badgeNorth Irish Brigade pipers cap badgeNorth Irish Brigade pipers cap badgeNorth Irish Brigade pipers cap badge
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-03-2022 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

a lovely gaunt bi metal badge or is it silver and gilt?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    a lovely gaunt bi metal badge or is it silver and gilt?
    Thanks Jerry, it isn't marked as silver and I haven't tested it but it does have the look, feel and weight of a silver gilt piece. I will dig out my testing kit which is buried somewhere in my (too small) toy room!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."