Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Officers Private purchase Beret

Article about: Morning gents I found this interesting officers private purchase beret for sale a few days ago so I snapped it up it will be a welcome addition to my collection of Canadian and Commonwealth

?

Default Officers Private purchase Beret

Morning gents I found this interesting officers private purchase beret for sale a few days ago so I snapped it up it will be a welcome addition to my collection of Canadian and Commonwealth head gear IMO the construction looks spot on for a war time manufactured beret.
    There is a small amount of moth tracking and a small stain under the cap badge but I think it will display rather well unfortunately you can not make out the manufactures name that would have been printed on the tag under the sweat shield so it may be difficult to track down who the manufacturer was.
    An additional bonus for me was the Canadian army general service cap badge as I did not have one in my collection either some collectors find them rather plain looking but I think they are rather sexy like the blond on the beach with no make up
    Please pardon the pictures as they are the sellers and they are not the best I have yet to have it in hand to inspect it and or look for further markings as I am currently working away from home.

Kind Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images Officers Private purchase Beret  Officers Private purchase Beret  Officers Private purchase Beret  Officers Private purchase Beret  Officers Private purchase Beret 

I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks really good and a great addition to any Commonwealth headgear collection. I want one!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Mark very nice . I really like the cap badge . Gary

?

Thank you for the impute Adrian,Jerry and Gary IMO it is a keeper and I will display it along side my regulation issued one. I will add a couple of new images once I get home in a couple of weeks or so and have a good chance to look the beret and cap badge over for makers marks

Regards Mark K

?

The beret arrived last week sometime while I was away at work so I thought I would up date the thread a little upon further inspection there are no makers marks and or stamps evident any were on this beret but I did take a couple more photos of it depicting some of the details not shown in the sellers original images as well as a couple of the G,S cap badge IMO the badge is the type 4 variation.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers Private purchase Beret   Officers Private purchase Beret  

Officers Private purchase Beret   Officers Private purchase Beret