Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Article about: Hi, This is intended to be a sister thread to my thread on British Army Visor Caps. Like the Army thread, it is open to anyone who would like to comment on or show RAF uniform headdress or a

Cheers this is what Michael wanted! bring it on, love to see more
    for me it's rounds complete
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-31-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Hi Rene, Another fine selection of headdress!!! Very nice to see and yup, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully between us we may persuade more of our members to post?

Cheers Once Again Rene

Regards Michael

PS Do you know John Mac??

Hi Rene, This cap (43 Queensland) appears to have a very unusual curtain, very narrow and a long chin strap?? Very nice though! The labels and markings on these caps make excellent reference points to aid fellow collectors etc.
    Cheers Michael

Hi gbalke, Not only do we NOT mind, you are just what we want so thank you very much for your post. From an aesthetic point of view it is good to see other collectors items but what is doubly good is that you and Rene both show the internals and labels etc as these are, at least to me, as important as the badges and caps themselves especially from the perspective of learning, identification and dating points of view. Please, please feel free to show any relevant items on this or indeed on any of my threads!!

With regard to the badge, may I suggest that the black backing, is in the silhouette of the miniature officer's cap badge and that the likely scenario is that the metal or possibly embroidered elements of the badge have been removed leaving the backing materiel in situ. The Other ranks badge appears to have been superimposed onto the original backing though why, can only be speculation?? None-the-less a very nice cap!!

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi gbalke, Not only do we NOT mind, you are just what we want so thank you very much for your post. From an aesthetic point of view it is good to see other collectors items but what is doubly good is that you and Rene both show the internals and labels etc as these are, at least to me, as important as the badges and caps themselves especially from the perspective of learning, identification and dating points of view. Please, please feel free to show any relevant items on this or indeed on any of my threads!!

With regard to the badge, may I suggest that the black backing, is in the silhouette of the miniature officer's cap badge and that the likely scenario is that the metal or possibly embroidered elements of the badge have been removed leaving the backing materiel in situ. The Other ranks badge appears to have been superimposed onto the original backing though why, can only be speculation?? None-the-less a very nice cap!!

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael
    Thanks Michael,

This cap is definitely Officer's grade, so why it has an OA cap badge is anyone's guess, and that is why I bought it.

I have a couple other side caps I will post , one is a BCATP cap with the white flash inserted into the front fold of the cap. The other, which is currently in route to me, is an Australian made Officer's side cap with a nice manufacturers tag inside. Hope to have this by the end of next week.

If you have a SD cap thread, I can share on that thread as well, both Officer's and OA caps. You can see some here. My RCAF Headgear Collection
    Last edited by gbalke; 11-01-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Hi All, And some ladies hats to view.

AO 423 Air Officer's Number 1 and 1a Dress visor cap of Government issue type. The badge is the standard RAF pattern whilst the visor embellishment tends to be slightly narrower than that worn on the male cap.

JO 474 Other Ranks T63 Number 1 Dress cap purchased and worn by any female officer in the ranks of Pilot Officer to Group Captain inclusive as a Number 2 Dress hat. This practice is relatively common and allowed under the provisions of Dress Regulations for the RAF.

OR 364 Current Number1 Dress tri-corn hat worn by Other Ranks of the PMRAFNS. The hat device is a standard machine embroidered RAF cap badge sewn directly onto the hat band

SO 443 Private purchase visor cap worn by female Group Captains. The badge is the full size standard RAF Officer's cap badge and the visor embellishment comprises a single arc of gold wire embroidered oak leaves around the outer edge. This embellishment is, like that for Air Officers, slightly narrower than that worn on the male cap.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Rene, Another fine selection of headdress!!! Very nice to see and yup, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully between us we may persuade more of our members to post?

Cheers Once Again Rene

Regards Michael

PS Do you know John Mac??
    Cheers Michael, no I don't recall a John Mac

?

Default BCATP Cadet Side Cap

This is my BCATP Cadet side cap with Cadet cap badge and the typical white flash. There are no markings inside of cap and it has black Bakelite buttons.

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

?

Default RCAF Officers' Side Cap

My RCAF Officers' side cap, nicely labeled private purchase. Cap is made from the same Barathea wool used officer's SD uniforms. Front buttons are brass RCAF buttons.

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

?

Default RCAF OA Side Cap, Unissued

This is an unissued RCAF OA's side cap. The interior stamps are bright and clear. Brass RCAF buttons and as you can see, the cap is free of holes where a cap badge would be worn. This cap is made from a courser wool than that of an Officers' side cap.

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast