Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Scots TOS from dealer well known here

Article about: Many here will recognise the deaelr from the background. He is currently offering this specimen about which I have an opinion but would like to see if others feel the same without being prom

Default Royal Scots TOS from dealer well known here

Many here will recognise the deaelr from the background.

He is currently offering this specimen about which I have an opinion but would like to see if others feel the same without being prompted.

The coloured badge backing is significant which the dealer clearly doesn't know or he would surely mention it.

It appears to be unissued but the wear tells its own story.

I have personal experience of wool based items (shirts, puttees, berets etc) being shaved to remove excess fluff or fuzz from the material so I would like to hear opinions on that aspect too.

What say you forum or

Regards

Mark

Royal Scots TOS from dealer well known hereRoyal Scots TOS from dealer well known hereRoyal Scots TOS from dealer well known hereRoyal Scots TOS from dealer well known here
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

A big, inky smudge where a date stamp might have been always makes me frown..

I’ll second that. Big black mark where the date of manufacture would be is always a big red flag for me. Especially for items that were manufactured post war with the same design as used during the war.