Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

U.S Summer officer hat for opinion

Article about: Hello Gents, I would like to know your opinion about that nice hat, seems to be WW2 period for you ? thank you all !

Default U.S Summer officer hat for opinion

Hello Gents, I would like to know your opinion about that nice hat, seems to be WW2 period for you ? thank you all !

U.S Summer officer hat for opinionU.S Summer officer hat for opinionU.S Summer officer hat for opinionU.S Summer officer hat for opinionU.S Summer officer hat for opinion

I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning to it being post war late 40's early 50's at a guess due to the liner material, but I stand to be corrected.
    Still a lovely cap that I'd have in my collection. Can the cap be dismantled? as my issue '43 cap can be.

thanks René, a long time without you ! I am a beginner in us WW2, if dismantled it's WW2 period ?

yep René look please

U.S Summer officer hat for opinion

Possibly the cover might have a spec tag?

Thanks again René no just stamped size 7 with that taylored cap...Are you always septical ?

Quote by Military94 View Post
    Thanks again René no just stamped size 7 with that taylored cap...Are you always septical ?
    Yes!

I decided to look up your tailor.

Interesting little bit of history there. The son of Lester Isenberg the tailor went off to war and returned a war hero. When he did come back the shop was essentially out of business and he reinvented it as Gentree's. That lasted until the 70s when the business finally closed for good and the shop became a bar.

So, its a WW2 cap no doubt because Isenbergs pretty much ceased to exist during the war while he son was off slaying the enemies of Uncle Sam and earning medals while he was at it.

Quote by 7againstthebes View Post
    I decided to look up your tailor.

Interesting little bit of history there. The son of Lester Isenberg the tailor went off to war and returned a war hero. When he did come back the shop was essentially out of business and he reinvented it as Gentree's. That lasted until the 70s when the business finally closed for good and the shop became a bar.

So, its a WW2 cap no doubt because Isenbergs pretty much ceased to exist during the war while he son was off slaying the enemies of Uncle Sam and earning medals while he was at it.
    Umm where did ya get that info!?! here's a ebay find from them and this is a well post war example!! --

ISENBERG MILITARY & CIVILIAN TAILORS WWII US ARMY OFFICERS HAT W/ RAIN COVER | eBay

Well...Many thanks for your help all !! hard to tell if realy WW2...