Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown visor

Article about: Don't know where this came from so I apologize before hand if it is posted in the wrong column. Picked this up for \\$10 at an antique store and was labeled "vintage military visor".

Default Unknown visor

Unknown visor
    Unknown visor
    Unknown visor
    Unknown visor

Don't know where this came from so I apologize before hand if it is posted in the wrong column. Picked this up for $10 at an antique store and was labeled "vintage military visor". I have looked across the net and can't find any matching examples. It may not even be military for all I know. No markings at all that I could find. Thanks for your time, guys.

?

Cap appears to be unfinished; peak not covered,no sweatband, etc. I don't believe you can do much with this one.

BobS

I agree Bob it is just a $10 cap I bought for entertainment purposes, trying to figure out where it came from. Thanks for your time.

I see the names of the guys who have looked at this post with no comment to give. That tells me its probably not even military. Probably off a company uniform in the 40s or 50s.. Service station, repair man etc.. I will let it collect dust for another few years and search some more.

?

I'm not an expert on visors but that Looks like a police officers visor. I have seen them with white visors and chin straps. The cold weather ear warmers make me think, Traffic/Street Cop.
    Just my 2 centavos

Semper Fi
    Phil

I think Phil is right.

Quite possible

MAP
    ?

Caught me. I looked at it pretty quickly after you posted it yesterday....but was on a plane and had to shut down and never got back to it to give my view.

I too thought police but personally I was leaning towards it be for a doorman as I saw no evidence (not that you can really tell from the pictures) of a badge being present or even it being able to fit a badge.

My other thought....don't laugh....1950's era gas station attendant.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)