Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Medic's Uniform

Article about: I recently rediscovered this WW2 US Army Medic's uniform that I purchased a while back ago. I thought I'd share this and was also curious if anyone happened to know what the ticket is as it

Default US Medic's Uniform

I recently rediscovered this WW2 US Army Medic's uniform that I purchased a while back ago. I thought I'd share this and was also curious if anyone happened to know what the ticket is as it came with the uniform. The ticket reads on the reverse side, "This ticket is sold on the condition that were are not liable for injuries sustained while attending the races." Also, if anyone is aware of what a set like this would value now days I'm very curious to know, any help and advice is much appreciated as always

US Medic's UniformUS Medic's UniformUS Medic's UniformUS Medic's UniformUS Medic's UniformUS Medic's UniformUS Medic's Uniform

Common Ike jacket uniform.. You can request the Soldier's records through NARA and possibly find out what unit the medic was in..

Are there any shoulder patches on the sleeves? It appears by the ribbon bar that he served in Europe and was awarded one campaign star, for what campaign it is unknown without the Soldier's records.. but all the information needed to conduct research is here.. Date of Birth, Serial number, Name...

The ticket appears to be from Quebec Canada.. The Soldier may have gone into Canada to watch a race, what type again unknown...Horse, dog, car, motorcycle,,,
    Not to sure...

Smitty

Thanks! I'll definitely do some research, and I don't believe there are shoulder patches on the sleeves; I'll double check whenever I can to make sure though

Here is some very quick information about him:

Frank T Burrington
    Birth Year:
    Race:
    White, citizen (White)
    Nativity State or Country:
    Vermont
    State of Residence:
    Vermont
    Enlistment Date:
    21 Mar 1944
    Enlistment State:
    Massachusetts
    Enlistment City:
    Fort Devens
    Branch:
    No branch assignment
    Branch Code:
    No branch assignment
    Grade:
    Private
    Grade Code:
    Private
    Term of Enlistment:
    Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
    Component:
    Selectees (Enlisted Men)
    Source:
    Civil Life
    Education:
    4 years of high school
    Civil Occupation:
    Skilled occupations in the manufacture of miscellaneous products
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Height:
    Weight:

Here is a picture of Mr. Frank Temple Burrington and his obituary..

Frank T. Burrington Obituary: Published July 23, 2012 in The Caledonian Report

Frank T. Burrington, 93, of Lyndonville, died Friday, July 20, 2012, at his home surrounded by his loving family.

Frank was born in St. Johnsbury, Vt., on Dec. 27, 1918, the only child of George and Verna (Temple) Burrington.

He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a life member of the VFW post 10038 in Lyndonville and also a member of the American Legion post 30 of Lyndon. He worked for 37 years for Fairbanks Scale in St. Johnsbury as a machinist.

Frank was a race car fan, bingo player, and snowmobiler. He helped out at Catamount Stadium in Milton, Vt.

Survivors include his two sons: Gordon Burrington of Little Rock, Ark., and Carroll "Pete" and wife Phyllis of Derby, Vt; his two daughters: Nancy Lang and husband Irving of Monroe, N.H., and Paula Davis and husband Malcolm of Lyndonville; six grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren, two great-great-grandchildren, his sisters-in-law Carol Robinson of Passumpsic, Dorothy "Pete" Blackadar of West Danville, and Thelma Nutting of Lyndonville, many nieces, nephews and good friends.

He was predeceased by his wife Constance (Nutting) Burrington.

Visiting hours will be held tonight, Monday, July 23, from 5-7 p.m. at Guibord Funeral Home.

A celebration of Frank's life will be held the following day, Tuesday, July 24, at 11 a.m. at the The Lyndonville First Congregational Church. Mr. John Sleeper will be officiating.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be marked in Frank's name to: Caledonia Home Health Care, 161 Sherman Drive, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819.

Online condolences may be shared with the family privately at Guibord Funeral Home | Lyndonville VT funeral home and cremation | St. Johnsbury VT funeral home and cremation | Sayles Funeral Home |Guibord & Sayles Funeral Home | Guibord and Sayles Funeral Homes

Guibord Funeral Home is assisting the family with the arrangements. The Guibord Funeral Home is located on the corner of Main and Center streets in Lyndonville.
    Attached Images Attached Images US Medic's Uniform 

Thanks! That's awesome to know! I went to the NARA website, but it appears that I have to be the next of kin or the veteran himself to request information? I've never visited the website before so am slightly overwhelmed with it haha

And thanks again for the info, Its great to know!

Not necessary to be a Next of Kin to obtain information released under the freedom of information act.. You can obtain his service records and other information.

When you fill out the SF Form 180, fill out as much information as you can in each of the boxes. The more info you have, the easier it will be for the researcher to pull the information requested.

In section 2 of the form you may select box 1 that you are requesting the DD214 or discharge papers, and also check "OTHER" and put the statement "All orders, citations for awards, combat actions and theaters of service" The researcher will then go into other records of information if they are in the Soldier's file...

Under block 2 Purpose: You can check the other block and add "Information needed for historical research"

I have been researching Soldiers records for years through NARA and have always been very successful in obtaining records and information. In some cases you may get a letter back informing you that the record was destroyed in the 1972 fire, but do not give up. There are also private research companies such as Golden Arrow Research who can help you.

I frequently research Soldiers as I am a museum curator at a US Army museum and in some cases the only way I can get information is through NARA..

If NARA has the records they will contact you and let you know the price. (It can go up to $75.00) for a lot of files and as little as $25.00 for a few files, but if you want the information it is a worthwhile investment.

After filling out the form you can mail or fax the paperwork in. The fax number is 314-801-9195. I have sent anything in for a while now but you may get lucky.

There has been a significant backlog on records research requests and sometimes you won't hear back from NARA for 6 months..

If you need any other help just send me a message..

Smitty

PS.. I live in El Paso, TX

You are quite welcome.. Helping other members and collectors is what this hobby and forum is about..

We have to pass the torch to our next generation to ensure that it continues...

Smitty

Glad you rediscovered this group, nice to see it , and to hear a bit about his life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast