Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US overseas cap with unknown DI

Article about: Hello again everyone, I’ve had this cap for a year or so, but I’ve never been able to identify the embroidered unit crest sewn to the side. Does anybody recognize it?

Default US overseas cap with unknown DI

Hello again everyone,

I’ve had this cap for a year or so, but I’ve never been able to identify the embroidered unit crest sewn to the side.

Does anybody recognize it?

US overseas cap with unknown DIUS overseas cap with unknown DIUS overseas cap with unknown DI

I could not find that patch or anything similar. I am not convinced it is US.
    John

Unfortunately, nothing comes up with my sources as well. I'm with John as to it being foreign.

Joel

That’s bizarre. Its definitely a US cap. The only corps colors i can think that are blue and yellow is the chemical corps

MAP
    ?

No idea, but the "x" looks like crossed rifles, maybe cannons...but don't think so.

Just a thought.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I gave it a try searching with a NoGo on finding anything close.
    Maybe pop this one on USMF. There is a DUI section there .
    It's odd because an officer would wear the DUI on the other side, opposite the rank.
    Enlisted men wore it on the this side. But that pipping is for an officer.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I put an inquiry in on the US forum.

Some of the ideas that I have about this crest are possible ROTC or State Guard (which was suggested by a friend of mine on the US forum Brian Keith). I thought maybe an Infantry Replacement Training Center cadre as well.. So there are some routes to go in regarding research...

I have not had a chance to go through my 35 years of Trading Post issues from ASMIC (American Society of Military Insignia Collectors)..

But the feelers are out there and someone may possibly know and chime in..

Smitty

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the effort on my behalf.

I never would have thought this was going to be such an enigma!

I was contacted by another forum friend from another forum. He is one of the most informed and educated members I know when it comes to unit insignia and DUIs. He is the Executive Vice President of ASMIC (American Society of Military Insignia Collectors).

He had never seen this type of DI before but it has possible connections to the California State Guard (SG).

I will be sending a PM..

Smitty

Thanks Smitty.

I didn't realize we would need to get an Executive Vice President involved here haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast