MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap

Article about: Hello all, Is this a WW2 period FS cap (or is there anyway of differentiating between wartime and postwar?). It has Kings crowns badges at the front and the finish of the material and stitch

Default Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap

Hello all,

Is this a WW2 period FS cap (or is there anyway of differentiating between wartime and postwar?). It has Kings crowns badges at the front and the finish of the material and stitching suggests wartime quality to me, however, I can’t find any stamps or marks. It’s clearly been used and the crown/crest of the hat has been hand stitched in one place to hold it together, l assume for fashion/a better look.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap   Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap  

Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap   Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap  

Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap  

In theory the khaki side cap was replaced by the cap gs, autumn 1943?, and later again by the beret, though the coloured side caps carryon

I have had a few with either stitching or safety pins along the crown seam
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

If I understand you correctly, then does this mean this other cap could be WW2 and someone has just added the postwar badge?
    It’s of a tighter weaved fabric than the first one and the lining is a lot stiffer. I bought a job lot of hats and helmets, mainly post war and the majority were related to the Royal Marines (I was after two WW2 helmets in the group)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap   Is this a WW2 period British FS Cap  

it looks wartime and they can be very stiff. shame the makers mark/date is missing and regards rebadging, that would be my guess, but never say never
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.