Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor cap

Article about: Hello Gent's I had gotten this about a year ago and it came with an USAAF Garrison cap. So I thought I had a AAF officers cap. So before I was going to post in the USAAF visor thread. I thou

?

Default WW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor cap

Hello Gent's
    I had gotten this about a year ago and it came with an USAAF Garrison cap. So I thought I had a AAF officers cap.
    So before I was going to post in the USAAF visor thread. I thought I would check on who this Lt. Col was. So I had asked our resident expert in all things Army. So I sent Smitty a request to see if he could find out who this Gent served with. Turns out he was Artillery. I was a little disappointed but its still a nice WW2 officers visor. It's in great shape and has no holes or moth nips but the sweat band is coming lose.
    Click to enlarge.
    WW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor capWW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor capWW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor cap

WW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor capWW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor cap

Thank you Smitty for the help. Greatly appreciated

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 10-25-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Nice one Phil, I wouldn't be unhappy with it.

?

I thought I was getting a real floppy/ Crusher type.
    Not unhappy, just disappointed . It was presented as AAF, Was told the garrison was his also, That both were bought at the same estate sale. Yeah I bought the story!!!
    That just drove me to find a real crusher and I did. I'll post that when I get those ear cushion in for my headset. Then I'll post one like your post you showed me of yours

I'll add that I got this for a real good price. and it is a Lt. Colonel visor that fits me!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

A great looking visor. Why did the US use that plastic on the sweat shield! They always shrink and get dark and brittle. Didn't they know that people one day would collect these!!!

Your Lt. Colonel liked the AAF look with the extra strap and crusher style though.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Phil, you picked up a nice one in my opinion named is history!!! Hey don’t bash the Artillery, they can get a grunt out of a tight spot LOL!!!!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thanks Gent's and No argument there Marty!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I had mentioned in the first post that the sweatband is coming out of this visor. I had asked around but all my leads have turned out to be a "No we don't do that"
    Does anybody know of anyone who works on these and can repair the sweatband?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil,

Humbled by your kind words about my knowledge and expertise....

Are there any hat makers in your neck of the woods? Perhaps a local hat maker that makes Stetsons and or other types of high end headwear may be able to assist...

Best regards

Smitty

Default And a picture of the former owner....

Greetings Phil,

Here's a picture of the hat's former owner at the time of his retirement (c. 1959) for your records.

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click image to enlarge

WW2 US Army Lt. Col Visor cap

?

Phil don't forget both caps could have come from the same estate . I have picked up groupings that had three different brothers stuff mixed all together . The brothers all left the stuff at moms house . Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast