Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 usmc officer garrison cap

Article about: Hi Please your thoughts with this WW2 USMC officer garrison cap : EGA is an officer version and cap itself and EGA are WW2 period? About the Captain's bars I was said are ARMY version but ad

Default Ww2 usmc officer garrison cap

Hi
    Please your thoughts with this WW2 USMC officer garrison cap :
    EGA is an officer version and cap itself and EGA are WW2 period?
    About the Captain's bars I was said are ARMY version but added postwar or used in WW2? Ww2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison cap
    Thanks in advanceWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison capWw2 usmc officer garrison cap

If you can remove the EGA (Eagle globe and Anchor) we might be able to see a manufacturers mark..

The rank insignia is not correct. That is for US Army not for the Marine Corps.. The insignia was smaller..

Smitty

Sorry I couldn't remove without damage... Is attatched with 2 similar stickpins folded over the cap itself

I don't believe that the EGA should have "stickpins".. This should be a screw back post. If the EGA has stick pins folded over this may be either something made in theater or a sweetheart piece..

It would be interesting to see what type of pins are attaching the EGA to the hat...

Smitty

?

Smitty is correct,
    These are not USMC captains bars. Either Army/Air force type design with the beveled edges and the horizontal bar's connecting them in the mid section. USMC horizontal bar's will be on the top and bottom of the Captain bars and they will not be beveled on the edge.

Also agree about how the EGA is supposed to attach to the garrison cap.

Hello Velasco, In reply to your PM,
    I'm not a USMC expert on uniform's. So I can't help you about the garrison itself.

There are many here who do collect these, So I'm sure they will chime in on the garrison.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Please what do you about this I was said for another collector about the EGA?
    ( these came in both clutchback and screw post versions. The clutchback type are typically found on Korean War groups.)

Definitely put together as pointed out already. The cover it’s self looks to be from the WWIIish period but could be Korean War era as well. The EGA is definitely post WWII but pre 1955 I believe.

?

Ok,I got the EGA. Its a clutchback EGA and the clutch pins have been bent over to attach it to the cap. Yeah that would not of happened. That is not right. Semper Fi Phil