Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII U.S. Signals Garrison Cap?

Article about: I was finally able to get out and about to my favorite section of olde town Portsmouth Ohio, where the big row of antique shops is, and walk about. In one of them, I discovered this Garrison

Default WWII U.S. Signals Garrison Cap?

I was finally able to get out and about to my favorite section of olde town Portsmouth Ohio, where the big row of antique shops is, and walk about. In one of them, I discovered this Garrison cap that I believe to be WWII era. It has a "pinkish" salmon colored braid which I suppose denotes the Signals Corps of the army? I'm not too sure on braid colors. It has a leather sweatband that has a very light amount of staining where the forehead would have been indicating that this was used at some point. It fits me perfectly, and I only paid $3.00 for it so no matter what it is, or who it belonged to, it's a nice hat.

It has a silk / satin inner lining. I don't know how to tell the difference between satin and silk, so bear with me, ha ha!

Very nice cap!

I always love finding pieces like these at local antique shops. You stole it for $3.00

MAP
    ?

A great find. Excellent condition. I would suspect it is synthetic material and not silk but will let the US military collecting geeks correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hard to tell in your pics but sigs had white in the piping - just adding. Nice cap, probably a PX bought one? Don't like the mug though!! Bugger I had one (QMD) once and regretfully traded it off and can't find a pic of it!!

Branch colors - cap piping color reference - HEADGEAR [REF] USA - U.S. Militaria Forum

Haa! I found a surviving old shot showing it!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Haa! I found a surviving old shot showing it!
    I just can't find that color in any reference guides, so it might be post war unfortunately. It's still cool though.

Rusty,

Here is some further information about the "Pink Piping" on garrison caps..

Pink Piped 1952 Dated US Army Garrison Cap What Is It? - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

There are sub-links in this one particular topic that merit looking at as well.. There are many individual theories about the coloring..

I have a few of these caps as well.. Khaki garrison caps from the 50's.. Not sure if I have any OD like yours..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Rusty,

Here is some further information about the "Pink Piping" on garrison caps..

Pink Piped 1952 Dated US Army Garrison Cap What Is It? - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

There are sub-links in this one particular topic that merit looking at as well.. There are many individual theories about the coloring..

I have a few of these caps as well.. Khaki garrison caps from the 50's.. Not sure if I have any OD like yours..

Smitty
    Interesting! No one could really come up with a definitive answer on it, but I'm okay with it being from the 50s. It only makes me more curious now. What was it?