Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket

Article about: Hey folks, What do you think? curious about the sewing.. pretty sure both m43 field jacket and the type 3 patch is geniune but not sure if they belong together.. please let me know what you

Default 101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket

Hey folks,

What do you think? curious about the sewing.. pretty sure both m43 field jacket and the type 3 patch is geniune but not sure if they belong together.. please let me know what you think.

Thank you very much

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket   101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket  

Hi there

looks okay from here , can you show the jacket in full?

I take your point about the sewing , it looks like its been added at a later date.

Any other markings on M43

Phill

Default M43 airborne

Some more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket   101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket  

101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket   101st airborne type 3 patch m43 field jacket  

The skinny lettering and bird's eye, confirm for me it's a type 3, WWII produced patch. I don't know what to think of the thread on the patch. On a positive note, there's not much wear on either the thread of the patch or the thread on the coat seams.

Jay

So you think both the patch and jacket are genuine.. but put together post war? The thread somehow looks to be from the right material. What could be a fair price? Even though I won't sell it. Thanks for the reaction

Strange all the labels have been worn out or removed however the jacket has been well used looking at the pics and your eagle looks like it hasn't had any where near the use as the jacket so looks like its been added at a later date , I thought at one stage the jacket could of been M1950.

Both are original WWII era items

Phill

So what is the value of the patch? Cheers

Can anybody indicate the value of this patch? thanks

The forum is not a appraisal service. Many places on the net to help you with that.

Take care,

Mart

I know.. not gonna sell it.. just for indication purpose cheers