Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1944 Denison Smock

Article about: Hello all, Firstly apologies if I have posted on the wrong section or jumped in on a conversation, I only joined the site a few days ago and am still getting used to how it works. I have att

Default 1944 Denison Smock

Hello all,
    Firstly apologies if I have posted on the wrong section or jumped in on a conversation, I only joined the site a few days ago and am still getting used to how it works. I have attached (I think), a photo of a Denison Smock I recently purchased from a shop here in England. I believe it to be a 1944 2nd pattern edition. Please could any experts or guys with a good knowledge of Denison Smocks, confirm weather this is indeed what I believe it to be, or weather its from another date?

Kind regards,

Adam.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Denison Smock  

Default 1944 Denison Smock

Hello all,
    Firstly apologies if I have posted on the wrong section or jumped in on a conversation, I only joined the site a few days ago and am still getting used to how it works. I have attached (I think), a photo of a Denison Smock I recently purchased from a shop here in England. I believe it to be a 1944 2nd pattern edition. Please could any experts or guys with a good knowledge of Denison Smocks, confirm weather this is indeed what I believe it to be, or weather its from another date?

Kind regards,

Adam Brand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Denison Smock   1944 Denison Smock  

1944 Denison Smock   1944 Denison Smock  

Looks to be what you said, produced into the post war years. Any label in it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I’d love it to have been made in early 44 as I like the thought it may have been worn during Operation Market Garden, but thats just my wishful thinking ha. There is a label on it Jerry but it’s faded to the point of almost plain (see picture).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Denison Smock  

Here's my '46 patt to compare with - note the snap buttons & the angled hip pockets.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-31-2020 at 02:10 AM. Reason: added text

the label position makes it likely to be wartime, though I think for this pattern it is not possible to say 100%, but more likely wartime than not
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A great looking edition, the condition is excellent.

Thanks Jerry.