Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display

Article about: Hi guys, I just spent the whole morning putting together this display. I think it turned out really good! Please dont jinx it and say that the items are going to slip in the frame! It took m

Default 325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display

Hi guys, I just spent the whole morning putting together this display. I think it turned out really good! Please dont jinx it and say that the items are going to slip in the frame! It took me about 3 hours just to accomplish this without the pieces falling. Obviously I didnt want to use tape so I cut up pieces of cardboard to help support the paper & patches. I only added the Glider Patch & the invasion armband for display purposes. The rest of the items belonged to Walter Silkiewicz of the 325th GIR.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display   325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display  

325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display   325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display  

While I was sitting there looking at it, a light when off in my head. When I was a kid I used to collect baseball cards and I have these plastic baseball card cases. Botta bing botta boom it worked great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display  

Now its at rest with the 504th Ike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 325th GIR Market Garden Framed Display  

A very nicely framed group of ephemera and patches, thanks for showing.

cheers,
    Steve

?

Hi John, looks great. Is this orange lanyard something that would fit in with that display ? Smitty told me it was probably for the holland jump, Market Garden. let me know, I'd be happy to send it to you and put it to good use.

Regards, Al

Aldo, that is a nice Dutch Lanyard given to troops that participated in Market Garden. They sell for $50+ so you might want to keep that for yourself if you are a Market Garden fan! I want to say that some of these lanyards were post war produced but yours looks like a nice WWII era example.

Thanks to the extreme kindness from Aldo, there is now a nice Holland lanyard in the display.

Thanks again Aldo!

Great display. I’m parcel to the gilders, my adopted grandfather was with the 327th 101st and was wounded through the neck at Market Garden.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The display looks a lot better with parachute backing. Thanks again Aldo for the aiguillette!

?

Man that looks sweet !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast