Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

508 pir in Nottingham 1944

Article about: Shame on me really, only just got round to a visit of Wollaton Hall home of the 508 PIR, pre d-day and Holland, really strange that the guys also had a game of baseball at Meadow Lane home o

Some nice tributes laid today, sadly the dedicated booth in the shop area was not playing the video disc, in the pictures attached you will see dome deer i understand when the GI`s arrived a few were popped off not knowing they were the kings property.

Hey guys, the link for the original 508 patch as vanished i have been using this has a guide, anyone have a hi res original to post please.
    Steve.

Hi folks, i am restoring a 45 Willys MB and would like to have it dedicated to a 508 unit based at the hall, does anyone have any 508 Jeep related pictures i can use for stencil help, i would once done like to take it to the site a remembrance day if possible, thanks for any help Steve.

I used to work at Sandiacre Highways Depot, drove past there hundreds of times
    Ben

Well worth a visit bud, Hall is free entry with exibits massive park and of course plenty of ww2 history.

Hi Steve, I am sure my mate Sean will have some photos of some 508th Jeeps. I will ask him.

His late Dad set up the museum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok, i am kind of buying a story here, a friend of mine did lots of re enactment and during one of the park shows he was approached by a guy who used to be a vicar, he had in the the day "adopted a yank" and was given a wrapped gift by the trooper who we only know as Tom, once he left the vicar opened the parcel to find the troopers M3,
    I will be picking this up in the near future and will post pictures, the M3 is in a M6 scabbad although they were not meant to be together (the M3 is a mk2?) i`m sure there is a great story behind it, now if i could find Toms surname (needle in a haystack) it would be great for the collection.
    Also a great site for research
    Home

I just now took the time to read "The Devil's have Landed" tribute that you posted above.
    That's really a pretty powerful poem.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thoughts on this patch guys (post war?) they are difficult to find, my MB will be finished soon and marked up as 508 service jeep.

Looks like a "Patch King" product due to the Cheesecloth backing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast