Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?

Article about: I am looking to buy this jacket, to me it looks okay but I would like to get some other opinions thank you in advance!

Default 82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?

I am looking to buy this jacket, to me it looks okay but I would like to get some other opinions thank you in advance!

82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?82nd airborne m43 jacket with invasion flag authentic ?

?

Hello Matthijs,
    I'm not an expert,
    However, in my opinion the flag is a pole flag, the invasion flags that I know are made of another material and have another format.
    The thread with which the airborne patch is sewn it seems different from the one with which the jacket is sewn, so in my opinion it was applied later (but perhaps it is a normal practice on American jackets?)
    but as I told you I'm not an expert, wait for other opinions, from someone more expert.

The 82nd Patch looks to be a merrow edge patch which would make it post WW2. I also agree with Bulge that the invasion flag is one that would have been affixed to a wooden stick.

I would not consider pursuing this jacket if you are looking for and original WW2 example with insignia. Without any provenance this is just a jacket with post war applied insignia, perhaps for a re-enactor...

Smitty

I'm not sure the 1943 combat jacket was issued in time for D Day to either 82nd or 101st AB Divisions.

I agree with Blackcat..

This would have been more along the time line of Operation Market Garden... But again,, I would not purchase this one..

Smitty