Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Arnhem Glider ticket?

Article about: After changing direction again in collecting i have come across this! Problem is there are 2 types out there and i'm guessing 1 is a fake. What are the opinions on this please....again thank

Default Arnhem Glider ticket?

After changing direction again in collecting i have come across this! Problem is there are 2 types out there and i'm guessing 1 is a fake. What are the opinions on this please....again thanks for your time..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arnhem Glider ticket?   Arnhem Glider ticket?  

?

There are 3 types: one for the recently remastered version of the original 1945 movie and clearly marked as such. Then 2 types including yours (for actors I assume) and one with the world premiers locations on it (for visitors I assume). Yours looks perfectly ok.

How about this version ? Is it genuine ? Thanks.

Arnhem Glider ticket?

Arnhem Glider ticket?

Arnhem Glider ticket?

Here are better pictures.

Arnhem Glider ticket?

Arnhem Glider ticket?

Arnhem Glider ticket?

I do not believe " they " have stretched themselves in reproducing these tickets. as stated by a previous contributor the ticket was replicated for the anniversary of the film " Theirs is the Glory " . as can be seen, quite different. the quality of originals vary.
    a deceased veteran I was acquainted with buffed up his plaque to resemble chrome !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arnhem Glider ticket?   Arnhem Glider ticket?  

Thanks. Thats good to know.

dull example. apart from their physical existence very little is known about the numbers produced and who manufactured them. virtually all the gliders used in the operation were set on fire and destroyed by zer Germans but it would appear that aluminium / alloy components were salvaged after the collection of the detritus from the battle.

Last edited by prosty zolnierz; 08-23-2020 at 04:41 PM.