Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) France

Article about: Hi, I have a "brevet de parachutiste militaire" (ou BPM) here. This French military parachutist badge was probably awarded to members of the gendarmerie, the armée de Terre, the n

Default Brevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) France

Hi,
    I have a "brevet de parachutiste militaire" (ou BPM) here.

This French military parachutist badge was probably awarded to members of the gendarmerie, the armée de Terre, the navy, and the armée de l'Air.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the award regulations and the units to which this badge was actually awarded, nor when exactly this badge was actually awarded in this version (award period).

But I know there were numbered specimens which allow conclusions to be drawn about the date of award, even (based on corresponding lists) on the name of the soldier awarded the Springer Badge, as well as specimens not provided with a number on the back of the badge, which probably indicate a "second piece" ("post-purchase piece").

This badge was made by different manufacturers.
    The example I have here was made by the manufacturer
    COINDEROUX
    PARIS

produced.

The award number of "Les brevets parachutistes militaires français" is:

Based on the manufacturer's and the award number 506775, is it possible to draw conclusions about the year of manufacture of the badge and/or even the name of the soldier awarded this badge?

Dimensions:
    approx. 77 x 48 mm

Thanks in advance,
    Ro
    Brevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) France

Hello, the number = the name of the parachutist. Number of the brevet....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, the number = the name of the parachutist. Number of the brevet....
    Thanks for your answer.
    So you mean that the number 506775 encodes the name and the award number?
    I don't really understand you, I think.

Another colleague informed me that according to the number, the badge was awarded around 1985/86.
    Can you confirm it ?

Hello, I don't know, I'm collecting German items...I ask on a French forum, it's will be difficult to have the name.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Here is a brevet without an award number and a patch for the uniform.

The manufacturer:
    COINDEROUX PARIS
    GS 1185 should also stand for this manufacturer.

The dimensions are striking.
    This brevet measures approx. 77 x 50 mm

Brevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) France

Here is another Brevet without an award number.

The badge here is relatively "blurry" in the "lettering" on the back...

LE INSIGNES MILITAIRES
    DRAGO
    3 R.DE ROMAINVILLE
    PARIS

REPRODUCTION INTERDITE

DEPOSE on both wings.

Dimensions:
    approx. 77 x 48 mm

Brevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) France

Here are all three:

Brevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) FranceBrevet de parachutiste militaire (BPM) France